Sleep well- consistent bedtimes â€“ early!
- Have a good breakfast
- Go for a gentle walk around the block to clear your head
- Deep breaths (belly breathing) stand quietly Action
- Donâ€™t overexcite yourself chatting to other children about what you do / donâ€™t know
- Go to the toilet â€“ even if you do not need to go!
- Get out your pencils / rubber / sharpener (should have a couple of pencils already sharpened and a sharpener with a container)
- Listen carefully to instructions
- Do not talk even if the exam has not started
- Donâ€™t sip at your water- it all builds up!
- Write your name as soon as you are allowed
- Take a look at the answer sheet sections and make a mental note of where each section is on the answer sheet.
- Find a clock on the wall and use it.
- Put your water away from your exam paper.
- Relax, do not panic about what has happened in the previous section- recognise that it is completed. Be ready to do your best again.
- Try not to ask others about how the exam is going for them.
- Make sure you go to the toilet in the break- whether you need to or not!
- Eat your snack (nothing sticky)!
Â© Skyward Kids Life Skills 2021